This recipe for pareve (non-dairy) ice cream is a must-have for those who keep kosher, have children, and tend to serve meat meals on Shabbat and holidays.
- 1 carton pareve whipped cream (10 ounces)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 package vanilla sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- frozen mango juice, defrosted (optional)
Preparation:1. Beat the whipped cream according to directions on the package. Blend in egg yolks and vanilla sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the whites. Blend in 1/4 cup sugar.
3. Fold the whipped cream mix with the egg white mix.
4. Defrosted frozen mango juice can be gently stirred into the mixture if a fruity taste is desired.