My friend Elizabeth served this one Shabbat lunch, and I decided then that I would make it before the Yom Kippur fast. The bread crumbs add extra carbs which are needed before fasting, and there is no need for any salt. The bonus is that both adults and children will like this dish.
- 1. Chicken Pieces
- 2. Bread Crumbs
- 3. Spices - paprika, pepper and garlic powder
Preparation:1. Mix bread crumbs with a little paprika, pepper and garlic.
2. Dip chicken pieces in water or egg and then coat with bread crumbs.
3. Place in a greased pyrex pan.
4. Dribble a bit of oil on top of the chicken pieces. The more oil, the tastier. But too much oil isn't good before the fast.
5. Bake, uncovered, in a hot oven (400 to 425 degrees Fahrenheit) until brown and crispy (usually 45 minutes to 1 hour is enough).