If you like peanut butter and chocolate, if you want to make a very rich Tu B'Shvat treat, and especially if you are from Ohio (home of the Buckeyes!), then you'll enjoy this recipe.
- ½ cup unsalted margarine, melted
- 1 ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 400 grams powdered sugar (16 oz)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 400 grams pareve chocolate (16 oz)
- 3 Tbsp. margarine
Preparation:1. Combine margarine, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl; mix until smooth.
2. Shape mixture into small (1 inch) balls, using damp hands. Place on foil lined baking sheet.
3. Freeze for one hour.
4. Melt chocolate and margarine in a double boiled, stirring constantly until well blended. If too thick for dipping balls, add a few drops of water.
5. Place a toothpick in the center of a frozen peanut butter ball and dip ¾ of the way into the chocolate mixture.
6. Return to baking sheet, chocolate side down and freeze until ready to serve. Buckeyes can be stored in the freezer up to 1 month.