These honey sweetened carrots are easy to make and delicious, so I often make them for Shabbat as well as on Rosh HaShana and other Jewish holidays.
- 2 pounds (800 grams) frozen baby carrots
- 1-2 ounces (50 grams) margarine (pareve)
- 2-3 Tbsp. honey
- 2-3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp. raisins
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
Preparation:1. Steam frozen carrots for 10-15 minutes until cooked through, but not mushy. Drain.
2. Melt the margarine in a pan.
3. Add the cooked carrots.
4. Add the honey, sugar, raisins and cinnamon.
5. Cook for approximately 10 minutes.
6. Serve warm.