Children love these muffins. I like to serve them on Jewish holidays as a side dish instead of a carrot kugal. For a colorful Rosh HaShana meal, serve these along with creamy peas, pecan noodle kugal and brisket.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups finely shredded carrot
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp. vanilla
Preparation:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar.
3. Fold in shredded carrots.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, applesauce and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and stir until well combined.
5. Divide batter into muffin cups, filling 1/2 to 3/4 full. Bake for 15 minutes in the middle of the oven. Turn the oven to broil and broil for 2 minutes to get the tops to puff and golden.