- 2 Tbsp. instant coffee dissolved into 3/4 cup hot water
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 3/4 cup apple sauce
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Preparation:1. Dissolve coffee into water. Cool.
2. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celsius).
3. Mix eggs, oil, apple sauce, honey and brown sugar in a using an electric mixer.
4. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt).
5. Alternating, add flour mixture and coffee to the egg mixture in the bowl. Mix lightly until just smooth.
6. Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.