I love to make brisket for holiday meals such as the Passover Seder. It is easy to make, delicious, festive and best when made a day or so in advance and then reheated.
- 1 5-7 pound (2.5 kg) brisket, (called no. 3 cut in Israel)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup cola
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 Tbsp. ketchup
- 2 onions
- 1 tsp. paprika
Preparation:1. Wash and drain meat.
2. Mix seasonings.
3. Pour over meat.
4. Best if marinated overnight.
5. Cover and cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until done (2 1/2 to 4 hours).
6. When cool, use an electric knife to thinly slice the meat AGAINST the grain. If the meat is not cut against the grain, then it is chewy and rough to eat. If it is cut thinly against the grain, then it is delicious.
7. Meat is best if refrigerated and then reheated.