Albert Einstein was a German-born Jewish theoretical physicist who developed the theory of relativity. General Relativity posits that the effects of gravity warp space and time, a concept that revolutionized our understanding of physics. The equation behind the theory of relativity is E-mc2, which is arguably one of the most widely recognizable mathematical formulas.
Einstein Quotes About Intelligence, Knowledge and Understanding
- “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
- “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
- "Imagination is more important than knowledge."
- "Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
- "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
- "Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater."
- "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
- "The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."
- "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
- "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
Einstein Quotes About Curiosity and Perseverance
- "Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."
- “You never fail until you stop trying.”
- "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
- “It is not that I'm so smart. But I stay with the questions much longer.”
- “Creativity is intelligence having fun.”
- “I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.”
- "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
- "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
- "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning."
- "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving."
Einstein Quotes About Religion and Humanity
- "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
- "My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."
- "Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."
- "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."
- "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
- "Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player."
- "When the solution is simple, God is answering."
- "Try not to be a person of success, but rather a person of virtue."
- "We have to do the best we can. This is our sacred human responsibility."
Humorous Einstein Quotes
- "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
- “Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.”
- "Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
- “The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.”
- “When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.”
- “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
- "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
- "As punishment for my contempt for authority, Fate has made me an authority myself."
- “A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.”
- "The most aggravating thing about the younger generation is that I no longer belong to it."
- "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."