|Recipe for Apple Crisp print|
I think an apple dessert is the perfect way to end a Sukkot meal. Apple crisp is just as delicious as apple pie, but it is much easier to make.
3-4 pounds apples
- some tart and some sweet
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
2 Tbsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup quick cooking oatmeal (not instant)
100 grams margarine, melted
1 tsp. baking powder
1. Peel, core and
slice the apples. Put them in a large bowl and toss with the lemon juice. Add
sugars and cinnamon.
2. Pour the apples into a large glass baking dish, and press them down gently.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and oatmeal together. Add egg. Mix until clumpy.
3. Cover the apples with the crumb mixture so the apples are completely covered.
4. Drizzle the melted butter over the top.
5. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the apples are bubbling.