|Recipe for Chana Shimoni's Cheese Blintzes print|
2 cups water (or 1 cup milk and 1 cup water)
1-2 tsp. salt
2 cup flour
1 pound cottage cheese, strained (in Israel, use the white cheese, givina levana)
1 egg yolk
1/3 cup sugar
touch of vanilla
1. Combine eggs, milk, salt and flour in that order.
2. Heat a small amount of oil in a 6- or 7- inch frying pan.
3. Pour in just enough batter to make a very thin crepe. Quickly tilt pan from side to side to spread batter evenly across pan. When crepe pulls away from the side of the pan, flip and fry for just a few seconds on the second side.
4. Remove crepe from pan, and stack on a plate. Continue to make crepes with the batter until no batter remains.
5. Blend cheese, egg yolk, and sugar.
6. Put a spoonful of filling toward one end of the crepe and roll the crepe.