|Recipe for Irit Berkovitz' Cabbage Nut Salad print|
1/3 cup pine nuts
1/3 cup sesame seeds
1/3 cup pecan pieces
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tsp. sugar
1. Cut cabbage into thin strips
2. Fry pine nuts, sesame seeds and pecan pieces in a small amount of olive oil until toasted (careful not to burn). The amounts of the nuts can vary depending on how nutty you like your salad <g>.
3. Mix cabbage and nuts together in a large bowl.
4. Mix olive oil, soy sauce, and sugar in a small bowl or cup. Microwave for about 1 minute to heat.
5. Pour sauce over the cabbage nut salad and mix well.
6. Let the salad sit and marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.