1. Religion & Spirituality

Solomon's Temple... Now in Brazil

By July 27, 2010

Solomon's Temple

The First Temple was built by King Solomon and was the most important place in ancient Judaism. It was destroyed when the Babylonians sacked Jerusalem in 586 B.C.E. - a tragedy that is commemorated every year on Tisha B'Av, which took place earlier this month.

Now a Brazilian Pentecostal church named The Universal Church of the Kingdom of God is rebuilding Solomon's Temple in Sao Paulo. "We are preparing ourselves to build the temple, in the same mold as Solomon's," said Bishop Edir Macedo, the church's founder.

The 10,000 seat building will be designed by Brazilian architect Rogerio Silva de Araujo and will be made of imported Jerusalem stone, which was used to construct the original Temple. It will also house a replica of the Ark of the Covenant, 36 bible schools and spaces for radio and television shows.

Bishop Macedo posted a promotional video about the project on his blog, which can be seen by clicking here.

Solomon's Temple To Be Rebuilt... in Sao Paulo [Forward]
Solomon's Temple in Brazil would put Christ the Redeemer in the shade [Guardian]
Rebuilding Solomon's Temple, in Sao Paulo [NYT]

Comments
September 7, 2010 at 6:34 am
(1) Marlene says:

Christ has already returned and lives in Brazil. http://www.inricristo.org.br

September 30, 2010 at 7:10 am
(2) Ann says:

This is being built for the glory of Macedo – not God.

He is a greedy thief who robs the poor. He promises that if they give their money to God (to his so-called churches and temples) they will be blessed with health and wealth which never happens. In the meantime he gets richer and richer and more greedy while the members of his congregation become poorer and poorer.

Macedo is despicable. He is a thief. He lives in luxury and so do all his “Bishops”.

I used to attend one of his temples and every time I went to a service the pastors and bishop tried to manipulate, threaten and coerce money from the congregation at least 3 times every time.

November 16, 2010 at 1:38 am
(3) natasha says:

I am a jamaican and I don’t have a problem with the church I have been in the church for five year, no one can say anything to me about my church the lord give macedo the condition to teach us the truth about christianity,maybe the good lord bless and keep you!

November 30, 2010 at 2:10 pm
(4) Ann says:

Natasha I pray that God takes away the scales from you eyes so that you can see Macedo and his bishops for the thiefs they really are.

Say what you like Natasha these people run a dangerous cult – while they proclaim that eternity matters more than time and the spirit more than the body they lie. Sure they worship a god – his name is Lord Mammon. They are money hungry and this temple is going to be used for thieving their congregation over and over and over again. (Where do you think they got the money from to build this temple?)

Rest assured that because they are doing it in the Name of Jesus they will be judged more severely than the rest of us.

God bless you and keep you.

December 1, 2010 at 1:19 pm
(5) Carla says:

You say that you went for for 3 months in the temple. I think you really didn’t give it a chance. I mean God 1 day is 1000 years for us. Plus everytime you prob. give an offering or a tide you were prob filled doubt. for Jesus said to give with a happy heart not doubt. so you basically din’t harvested anything because you didnt planted with faith in Gods word. give n you shall receive. Yes, even if the guys a begger and uses the money that you gave for drugs. I have went for more then 2.5 years. I give offerings, tides, and sacrifices. I am 25 years old married, I own my own home, and with every new job I receive $ 100 dollars a week more then the last job. So its faith in God that you have in the temple. the pastors come and go. If u do it for God, God will see it no matter where u are! :)

December 1, 2010 at 3:59 pm
(6) Ann says:

Carla I didn’t say I went for 3 months at the temple. Actuallt I went for 2 years – long enough to see that they were liars and thieves.

December 3, 2010 at 11:36 pm
(7) Bella says:

Ana if u r A CHILD Of GOD u would not be talkIng like this.u let the DEVIL talk to u ! U need the prayer ! I bet ur life is very good dont lie to ur self. My GOD bless u

December 5, 2010 at 9:47 am
(8) Ann says:

I don’t let the devil talk to me – Macedo lets the devil talk to him and acts upon it.

December 9, 2010 at 11:53 am
(9) carla says:

Sorry but Ann this is the guy that you need to think evil thoughts about. For he says he is Jesus and came back to earth. So if that is true then when did the 144,000 people leave? Where are all the events that was suppose to happen. They said that he heals but he is deceived because the demons that lay under those healings have not left but are still hinded in those people. Sorry it does not follow with Gods word.
Ann you can’t say there weren’t no healings. I was healed from depression and a man at my church is healed from brain cancer.

December 10, 2010 at 10:20 am
(10) Ann says:

Carla, you were healed of depression and a man in your temple was healed of a brain tumour. What does that prove? I have seen people healed of depression, brain tumours, drug addiction – you name it, who have never put a foot in any of Macedo’s temples. Stop deceiving yourself and see Macedo and his “bishops” for the liars, thieves and money lovers that they really are. Macedo became a multi-miliionaire by robbing the poor, sick and needy. Face it!

February 28, 2011 at 9:30 pm
(11) Silvana says:

I am Brazilian, I live in Belo Horizonte where Macedo has his huge cathedral. The money of the church sponsors Record Television which belong to Edir Macedo bishop and if you watch the programs you will see no christian values. A famous jornalist we have here said that he bought the television with the money of the members. I attended the church once to check if the pastor would preach the true word of God. At first the pastor used verses of the bible and it seemed that he was really preaching a gospel message. Then he sudenlly changed the subject of the message and a huge screen opened showing the rich stores in USA and beaultiful clothes and cars, etc. He finally said to the congregation that God would give them that riches if the seed (give offerings), I remember him saying that if you give10 reais or 10000 that would be ok. That’s it.

March 2, 2011 at 5:55 am
(12) Ann says:

Silviana Macedo and his “bishops” are all money hungry.
They seem to have unquenchable lusts of the flesh. They twist the Scriptures to make them say what they want them to say – that is give us your money and you will become rich. How can I become rich if I’m giving my money to someone else?

I thank God that you saw this cult for what it really is.

God bless you.

April 6, 2011 at 2:55 pm
(13) john says:

Pls visit http://www.karaites.info for information about the judaism of King Solomon.

April 9, 2012 at 5:32 pm
(14) satish says:

Hi Anna, Silvana & Bella,

This is satish from India, first time with great interest i com across this site to see the Church of Jerusalem to imagine the King of solomon’s creation of God’s view. I con’t see the original photos rather i can seen the these comments made by you…
Christians are real god’s own childrens, let the topic on any church, poster, Bishop & any any….

Just discuss about god words from bible where ever you are not getting understand the depth of the word…..thats it

Satish